1. Select Submission Form Type
- Submitters will select the form most appropriate for their submission:
- Abstract (clinical or scientific study)
- Abstract Categories: Basic Science, Clinical Applications, Emerging Technologies, Nursing/Allied Health (if meeting abstract criteria), or ePoster Only
- Nursing/Allied Health Case Study
- Industry White Paper (product promotional / non-CME)
- If you are submitting a clinical study, you will need to answer questions regarding the number of patients (20 minimum) and IRB approval (yes or no).
2. Enter Title
- Type your study title using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS except where specialty labels apply. Example Title: TESTING OF 755nm SYSTEM FOR LASER TREATMENT OF VARIED TATTOO INK COLORS.
3. For Abstracts - Select a Presentation Category
- 2022 Categories. All specialties are welcome. Early Career authors should submit to a main category first. Click the category link to view suggested subtopics.
- Please note that Section Chairs may suggest a different category for your submission. If accepted to a different category other than the one you submitted to, you will be notified and have first right of acceptance/refusal. However, if you do not accept the new category assignment, it is possible your submission may be rejected or referred to ePoster (abstract studies).
4. Select a Sub-Topic
- There will be a list of suggested sub-topics. Select the sub-topic that best reflects the content of your study. You may also enter "OTHER" and type in your own sub-topic if needed.
5. Provide the Content
- Maximum 300-words.
- For purposes of accurate and efficient review, studies must be submitted with complete information.
6. Add Authors
- Indicate the Presenting Author and all Co-Authors.
- Include valid email address, first and last names, author role, and author affiliations.
- Edit the author order in the final review step.
7. Edit / Review Your Submission
- On the edit author section, you will enter the author order (1, 2, 3, etc.) and confirm all author roles and information.
- After the submission deadline, edits that may affect iThenticate or review results, (authors, title, category, content, data) are NOT allowed. If edits are necessary, the abstract will be withdrawn, and the submitting author may re-submit the study for late-breaking consideration if applicable.
- Make sure you have complete information for all authors before submitting.
8. Submit Your Abstract, Case Study, or White Paper Summary
- By submitting your study, you authorize that all information is complete and that the abstract is eligible for review and consideration.
9. Complete Author Disclosures
Upon submission, all indicated authors will receive a confirmation email that will include instructions on how to submit disclosures of financial relationships with commercial interests. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the presenting author to make sure all authors indicated on the abstract submit disclosure.
IMPORTANT NOTE - In order for the abstract to be eligible for oral presentation within a CME session, the presenting author and any author contributing to the creation of the presentation slides must not be employees or owners of an ACCME defined ineligible entity.
It is REQUIRED that ALL presenting and co-authors provide detail for any and all relationships with eligible and ineligible entities for the past 24 months by the corresponding deadline:
January 9, 2022 - for all other submissions
- All authors will receive an email notice that the abstract has been entered. The email will contain a link to access the disclosure submission form.
- Even if the author has no disclosures to list, the form must still be completed stating so.
- If any author does not submit disclosure by the corresponding deadline, they and the presenting author will be notified and have the following options:
- Submit disclosure immediately.
- Remove the delinquent author(s) name from the program, abstract, and LSM Copy or,
- Remove the submission from consideration
10. OFAC Compliance Program
In order to adhere with ASLMS's Office of Foreign Asset Control's (OFAC) compliance program, we ask that the presenting author provide the following information on their ASLMS Portal profile prior to the abstract deadline:
- Passport Number
- Residence Address Street
- Residence Address City
- Residence State/Province
- Residence Postal Code
- Residence Country
- Failure to adhere with our OFAC compliance program may result in their removal as presenting author from the abstract or possible removal of the entire abstract from our program.
- If you have any further questions about the OFAC compliance program, please email email@example.com.
11. Await Status Notification
- The ASLMS Central Office will notify you by email of acceptance and schedule details, edit requests or declined status once the submission has been reviewed. Please be patient as this can take some time.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the ASLMS Central Office via phone: 715-845-9283 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org